Are You A Book Reader or Not?
Yes, i have been wondering since the day I started my blog. Are you a book reader too? Because if you’re not, then my recommended readings will be such a waste to you and I don’t want that to happen. Why? Is it because you afraid that you will not get Amazon book’s commission? A very good question indeed but sadly the answer would be of course not, because money is not my main reason I started this blog. Creating my tribe is! I want to find my voice that I can connect with and all the non fiction book readers are my main target. So are you one of them? If you are not, then let me tell you something about how great it is to be a book reader.
Why You Should Be a Book Reader?
Easy, this is because you can learn and grow a lot and grow at faster rate. For instance, no matter whether you are an engineer, a doctor, a CEO, a teacher and so on, most of you will learn from a book from during your undergraduates study right? So let me ask you, why is that? Why do you read books when studying? The simplest answer would be because reading is the most practical way to learn.
But why stops after you graduated? Yes, this is our main problem because most of us, graduation means the ends of reading books and studying. Sadly, this mindset had let us to a lot of pain on the future. Because by not growing, you will get left behinds in this world.
That is why, all the highly successful people especially the billionaires were always reading a book. They always love readings books to keep on learning and feed their minds with knowledge of the world. Like T. Harv Eker said in his book called Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth , Rich people constantly learn and grow, poor people think they already know. Couldn’t agree more. As simple as that.
What kind of Books Should I Read?
- Non fiction is a must. Because book readers who reads a non fiction can learn a lot especially if the books are what they were trying to learn. Also, we need to read books that will help us achieve our desire goals and dreams. If it is does not do that, it would be a waste of your time and the best book for this kind of purposes is non fiction books.
- Fiction books. Yes, sometimes I also read a fiction book because you also need to entertain yourself right. But please keep it to a minimum. My strategy would be every 4 non fiction book I buy, I would buy 1 fiction book for me.
- Biography books. Do You want to know how did the ultra successful people do it? such as Mother Theresa, Mahatma Gandhi, Sam Walton, Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk. But how? In fact, some of them are already dead. well that’s easy because most of them leave a book about how they live their life. We called it biography books. Plus, you can learn a lot about these highly successful people who started with nothing (just like us). Because most of them are not born rich but still they manage to achieve massive success. What a great to know how did they do it. You can even read how did they struggle with the painful and the agony of starting their own business and some other things. Personally, I love reading biography books before i went to sleep.
What type of Book Readers are you?
- A non fiction lovers: They were the kind of book readers who loves to read a story that fills with facts, data and proven methods. They become a book reader because they wanted to learn something that can help them grow. In other words, they read because of education purposes not for entertainments. So when these types of guy buys a book, it means business and I am one of them.
- Fiction hardcore lovers: They become a book reader because they wanted to experience a life they can never have. For example, a magical place with a lot of dramas such as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone . Moreover, they feel like they live inside the world whenever they read a fictional books. Alan Moore said it best “Artists use lies to tell the truth. Yes, I created a lie. But because you believed it, you found something true about yourself.”
- Half book readers: These type of peoples love skipping books because they get bored easily. Most of them cannot even finished reading a books but keep skip to find the next great book to read then repeat the process. I dont understand these kind of people at all. LOL
- E book readers: Yes, since these is an age of digital. It would be wrong if I don’t include it. Plus, E book technology had level up the book readers category into a whole new level. Why? Because if you own a Kindle Paperwhite E-reader or a Nook, you can carry few hundreds of books with you to anywhere you go. What a great invention right! I had seen a lot of people doing this now and I had already try to read an E book. And I would give about 3 out 5 experience because I don’t like it that much. I think I am much more prefer to read hardcover books over E book. Also my reading speed is decreasing whenever I read an E book.
- Non Fiction Book:
- The Art of Work: A Proven Path to Discovering What You Were Meant to Do.
- The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime..
- Think and Grow Rich.
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business.
- How to Win Friends & Influence People.
- MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom.
- The Success Principles(TM) – 10th Anniversary Edition: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
- Fiction Book:
- Biography Book:
There are about 5% out of the 100% of people who become a book reader. So, if you are one of them then congratulations. You are on the road to become an ultra successful people but only if read the books that helps you like the one provided above. One more thing, all the above books provided had been read by me. I had never recommend a book that i had never read. So you can trust me if it is really a great book I would tell it and vice versa.
Finally, remember, there are two types of people who learns, one who learns through experience and the other one who learn through history. I hope you are the second types of people because you can cut years of learning through books. Become a book reader and you will never regret it. The best investment you can make is in your minds.