Finding Your Voice is How You Will Won The Hearts Of All
From the zen habits, creators of any kind must find their voice. No matter who you are, whether you are a writer, a businessman, a teacher, a CEO or anything else. Finding your voice it’s like our essence in life that make you different and unique. It is the source to express yourself to the world. Without knowing our voice, you would just become another “me too” person in this world.
According to Jeff Goins, finding your voice is the combination of passion, people and personality. It’s a two way communication in a way that is fulfilling to you and relevant to your readers/customer. It is full of meaningful memories and helpful to the them.
Other than that, finding your voice in the competitive world is one of the most important task for you as an entrepreneur, writer or anything that you do. Some entrepreneurs and author said it may take months or years. But, they do come up with one same conclusion which is you will have to work hard to find your voice. It will not come falling from the sky, you must earn it and deserve it.
Is Finding Your Voice Important?
Yes, it is indeed. There are a few reasons that I found out why.
- It will makes your business or writing different from others. For example, if both of you and the competitor’s business are selling the same thing, then why should they buy from you and not your competitors? The differences (your voice) is all what it takes to make them come and buy from. And if you do this well, you may even monopoly the market with it.
- Targeting a tight niche. Yes, to create your own niche, you have to sync it with your passion and your voice not just the need of the markets. Meaning that, you create your own specific market and become the big fish in the small pond. It allows you to dominate the markets and even the industry.
- Voice makes you price relevant. When you show that your business or writing is different from the others, it shows that your price would of course would be different. It shows that your products or services is rare in this world. Thus, it can be used to justify your price. So when the customer ask you “why do your price are not the same while you are selling the same thing?”, you can answered them easily.
- It’s not for everyone. You can never sell your products or service to all of the masses at the same time. You have to choose you target readers, customer and market. And finding your voice and niche would be very helpful to defined them. Also, there will always be a limitations of what one’s can do and finding your voice will helps you connects to it. Then, find who need your helps and you have to understand that you are not here to help or sell to all of them. Why? Because not even Batman and Superman can do that.
What’s the Benefit of Finding Your Voice?
- You become the leader of your market and industry. And this increase the chances of your business or writing to thrive and exit the startups.
- You create an apple and orange comparison. You would become outstanding and remarkable through the eye of the customer like what Steve Jobs had done with APPLE. For instance, although, Bill Gates already created software called Microsoft, Steve Job did not want to use it. Later, he creates his own system to use for his iMac to create his own specific market.
- You get into the minds of the target customer. Meaning that you change how to position yourself in this world. Because your unique voice had other things to said to the world and no one had ever heard of it before.
- Avoiding “me too” business. Because without a voice, you would become just another voices in this world saying “I’m here” too. Tryst me, you don’t want to be just another guy in the masses. We need to rare and extraordinary to perform best in one industry. Finding your voice would help you do just that.
“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice.”
― T.S. Eliot,
How to Practically Find Your Voice?
- Create your own brand. In other words, sell brand not business. This is what I had learned from The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco. A great read indeed. The best example for this point would be from the luxury branded business industry. For example, LV, Gucci, Zara and Channel almost sell the same thing but still they still have their own unique customer and their raving fans. And this is because of what their brand represented which is to look rich and majestic in their own specific ways.
- Answering these 4 questions below is the path towards finding your voice:
- Describe yourself in 140 words. What do you do? What do you love to do?
- Take note of your interest such as in books, magazine,hobbies and movies. Compare and contrast. Find out the common between them.
- Why should they read/buy/use? What are their needs?
- Why should they read or buy from you?
- Find Clarity and Remove the Noise. For this point, Charlotte Eriksson said it best, “Sometimes you need to sit lonely on the floor in a quiet room in order to hear your own voice and not let it drown in the noise of others.” Take a few minutes to listen to your heart. Sometimes, people do it when doing yoga but I prefer when I am taking a shower, and when I’m running in the wilds. It’s totally up to you guys. But, always lis
How to Know That You Already Find Your Voice?
If your creations (writing, business or anything) only moves you not other people, then you haven’t found your voice. So, measure and analyse your readers or customers. Do they come back for more or just a one time only? Like i said it takes time to find your voice.Just keep on looking until you found one. Never give up.
All these books below are about how to find your personal legends, finding what you are passionate about and how to do it well. Go click the picture to read the description on Amazon.
These three book taught me so much about life, personal legends and how to be a millionaire at a faster rate. I believe in what the author is saying and most of these book got at least 600 comments on Amazon.com which shows people loves all these books. Be sure to check it out and totally worth your time to read.
Some of you may already know this but maybe you just need the reminder and the final push. Doing and knowing is not the same thing. Finally, you have got to put in the work and find your voice ASAP. Don’t you want to do the things that you like for the rest of your life? Finding your voice would be the fastest way to do that. You would feel satisfied, relieve and calm while sharing your voice to the world. Avoid doubting yourself, criticism , the naysayer and hesitation. Your voice is waiting. you just have to find it!
“When people don’t express themselves, they die one piece at a time.”
― Laurie Halse Anderson,