The Passport To Riches Lies Within Your Goal Setting
Goals is important in our life because it is the direction of where we are going to go. Without it, we would be aimlessly walking by in this world doing exactly nothing other than repetitions. Goal setting is a way to combat this problem and by following it you can be whatever you want to, live where do you want to live, drive whatever you want to drive. Don’t you want that? All it takes is a simply about 30 minutes to 1 hours to set up your goal setting.
What is Goal Setting?
Goal setting is a process where you plan ahead your goals in life which consist of what you want to be, what you want to do and what you want to achieve. It is a powerful process that will make your vision crystal clear every time you wake up in the morning. It will guide you, motivate you and toward a goal.
Benefits of Goal Setting.
1. It provides a boost to your works.
For example, when i have a goals to achieve I would feel that I need to do the work no matter how hard it is because i made the goals itself. So, if I am not working towards it, I would be lying to myself. Thus, it motivates me whenever i read the goals every single day every time I wake up in the morning.
2. It motivates you.
Yes, i usually read my goals whenever i woke up and sometimes before i fell asleep. and this goals setting acts like a reminder to me. It provide self motivation for me to work whenever I try to slack of from doing the works. Also, I wrote my goals in a piece of paper and paste it on my wall. Exactly right beside my laptop and every time I look to the left, I would saw my goals. Now, It become hard for me not to put in the works when the goals is right there. You should give it a try it too.
3. It makes you grow.
For this point, I become the living proof because my goals is not small. In fact, I have a very big goals that I wanted to achieve. And since I already crystallize it in my subconscious, whenever I got stuck doing something. I will find the solution and learn everything that I should know to get through the difficulties.
I become an avid reader and sometimes I take online course just to make my dreams come true. After a few months it become my second nature, whenever I had a problems, I started to learn without thinking and try to find a way to solve it as soon as possible. Without me realizing it, these kind of actions had made a huge impact on me because I become better and better at what I do. Such that is the power of goal setting.
Practical formula for goal setting.
1. Write your goals in a piece of paper. A journal is much more preferable. As for me, I had at least 100 goals that i wrote inside my journals from big to small goals.
2. Then, you break it down into smaller goals and you do whatever it take to complete these small goals. Meaning that, you make plan to arrive at your destination (your goals) and don’t skip this step. Because if you don’t have any plan, you are planning to fail. Becoming a good planner is a must if you want to be practicing goal setting.
3. Write down a to do list every night before you are going to sleep. In my journal, usually I wrote at least three things that are I need to do to get closer to my goals. For example, I would list down:
- Publish a blog post.
- Edit two 1st draft in the morning.
- Write two new draft at 2 PM.
These three things are my priority for the day and I would try to complete it everyday without a miss.
4. Find a time to work on your goals. If you have a full time job like the normal people, then you would need to do a time block so that you can work without disruption. I would suggest you do it in the early morning such as at 5am as I found it to be very helpful. After I read The Miracle Morning, I started to woke up at 4 am for two months straight now and I manage to to complete more works than I normally do. My 4 AM to 5.15 AM is my time block and I can work with laser focus. Alternatively, if you prefer late night it’s okay too. Totally up to you.
5. Finally, check out the goal. Does it effect you? Do you resonate with the goals? Did take actions on the plans that you have made for yourself? It is like a medical check up but not for health, it’s for your goals. Is this step important? Yes, it is indeed because if you did not take the action that you had plan, how are going to achieve your dreams? Hence, checking out whether you are working towards your plan is important to remind you.
To sum up, goal setting had helped me a lot to get closer to what I want to be. Maybe not now but definitely someday later. And I hope you understand how important it is to have a goals in life and the best way to achieve your goals is through goal setting.
“All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.”
― Brian Tracy,