How To Get Lucky In Anything You Do In Life?
How to get lucky? is one of the most famous questions in life. Most people either wished to be lucky or try to be lucky. Why? Because everybody want to be lucky in life right? including me. Some of the most famous saying about lucky would be, you’re lucky because you were born in a rich family and you’re lucky because you are born in a doctor family or an engineer family and so on.
And because of this, people tends to jump into conclusion when someone do get lucky. In a way, it means that one’s get lucky because of their surroundings. On the other hand, what if i tell you that this is not true? Are you going to believe me? Read on m friends.
After reading a few article and books about how to get lucky , it raise me to the big questions on how to get lucky in life? But first, let me started with its definition.
What do Lucky Means?
To explain it to you in simpler words, let me borrow the words Oprah,“I believe luck is preparation meeting opportunity. If you hadn’t been prepared when the opportunity came along, you wouldn’t have been lucky”. Get it? The keywords would be preparation meeting opportunity and this is how to get lucky. As simple as that. Preparation is the key not the timing!
How to Get Lucky in Life?
Now lets move on to the main questions of the day, how to get lucky?
I had found exactly 4 ways on how to get lucky in life. If you manage to do this. You life would never be the same again. More importantly, it can be apply to you all, no matter how rich or poor you are. But only as long as you keep on preparing for the opportunity. And when they arrive, you would be ready enough to grab it.
1. Preparation. Meaning that you keep on educating yourself for your personal growth through continuous learning. You keep on practicing and mastering your craft. Learn all the skills, knowledge, expertise, relationships and resources that you can, so that it can be used when your lucky “strikes” again. Below are a few steps that you can do to prepare yourself:
- Read more books about your current industry and business to stay on top of your industry.
- Take online courses or go to night classes. For online course, i would recommend you to survey Udemy because it has a lot of great courses. As for night classes, check out your nearest neighborhood advertisement.
- Join more networking session and make new friends. Getting out and learn how to communicate well with people is important enough if you want to thrive in your business. One thing I know about doing business is you can never do it alone.
2. Attitude. Yes, like Steven Covey said, “everything begins with the end in minds” and backed with a full faith from you. It doesn’t matter if you failed and sometimes feels like you aren’t getting nowhere. You don’t give up. You still keep on putting in the work and keep showing up everyday. Because failing and failure is two different things. Failing is the seed of success while failure is you give up and accepted your failure.
If this happens to you, than I want you to know that it happens to me right now. The point is, I just want to say to you to keep on working and experimenting when you failed. Pivot if you must. Just do it again until you win because your time will come eventually. Below are a few steps that I do when my plan started to fail:
- I try again from another angle. I learn what did i do wrong and avoid doing it again.
- Pivoting my projects into new project based. Yes, this is what happen if my plan feels doesn’t working at all. For example, I had changed my blog theme for about 5 times now and this is the latest.
- I experimenting with new things that I had never use before. I try to learn and use new technique that i had never use especially if it looks very promising. You can say that I like to test it out, if it works for me.
“When life gets you down, improvise as if crawling was part of the choreography.”
― Iveta Cherneva
3. Opportunity. Be extra positive when thinking about lucks. Because lucks come naturally and that is why you have to prepare yourself everyday. Remember, your time to grab the lucks will come. If it still not there yet, keep on working. Below is a few ways that I do, to acknowledge an opportunity:
- I started to be curious about everything.
- Train myself to become aware of my surrounding. Which means I train myself to listen up to your surrounding by less talking and more listening.
- I trust my guts. Meaning that I choose to follow your dreams no matter how risky it was. I believe my opportunity will come.
4. Take Action. last but not least, How to get lucky doesn’t works to someone who does not take action towards it. It only happen if you took action on it at that exact time. Because lucky dont wait for anybody. Either you miss it or you grab it. But how? here’s 3 ways that I do:
- Keep on working and hustling.
- Welcome the unexpected. You can never know how the opportunity are coming. Sometimes it came through a problems.
- Look on the bright side. failure is just another seed to victory. failure is there to teach me something not to hold me there.
- Never afraid to take a risk. I learned this from a few books that I read about investment and the financial world. The bigger the risk, the greater your opportunity.
“He was just a coward and that was the worst luck any many could have.”
― Ernest Hemingway,
If you ask me why this two books? This is because between all the books that I had ever read, only this two books that had explained to me about how to get lucky in life. If you do buy and read this two books, you will notice that there is a point about how to get lucky. So this two books is totally worth it. The Richest Man in Babylon is more about how to manage your economic and financial while The Compound Effect is more about how to change your life and achieve massive success. Also, these two books is less than 200 pages but so if you just starting to get into habits of reading, read this two books.
1.The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason.
2. The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy.
Lucky will come to us in every way that we could not possibly imagine. Unless we prepare and took an action with it, your lucks would become worthless. So become a doers and stop asking how to get lucky anymore. Do it now and never ever give up until you win.
“I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”
― Thomas Jefferson