How Can Self Education Will Make Your Life Easier?
Although, thinking about becoming a writer was never part of the plan, I find it to be very comforting every time I write. Few months later, I fell in love with it. In fact, writing had become one of my best way to express myself to the world. You probably didn’t see that one coming.
Since then, it has become my dream to become the best writer in the world. But, packed with almost zero knowledge about writing; self education is the only way to survive. Isaac Asimov said it best, “Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.”
Unfortunately, it is a sad thing when I graduated from one of the top engineering university in Malaysia with nothing more than a 88,000 ringgit in debt. But, it doesn’t stop me from fighting for my dreams.
If you a casual readers of this blog, I had told you about this before, that the problem with our society are, most of us stops learning right after we graduated. Plus, this is a huge problem that i tend to combat through out my life because I am a big believer of self education.
In fact, i just notice about how important it is to self educate ourselves; especially when I started to read books. I found it to be very useful when it come to learn more entrepreneurship, business strategy, powerful marketing techniques and how to write with flair.
Just by reading, I learn a lot through all the author experiences in a one year period. As an old saying goes “experience is the best teacher” and then I would add, ” but it doesn’t have to be your experience”. Because the best way to learn is by reading. As simple as that.
However, throughout my observation in my life, rarely i found people around me reading books ; and I found it to be very discomforting. Some of my friends said they don’t have time to read, it’s boring and I can learn from my experience when i asked why don’t you read books.
Little did they know, that by not self educate yourself, you are on a road to self destruct and I meant it. You cannot depends on your experience alone to grow. It would be too late if you do that.
To support my point, T Harv Eker once wrote in his book called the Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth which are” rich people constantly learn and grow, poor people think already know”. Moreover, this is true enough and it has been shown by a lot of successful person.
For example, Warren Buffet reads 500 pages a day, Bill gates reads 50 books per year, Elon Mush learn how to build a rocket by reading and last but not least, Oprah has her own book club. Not to forget, all of this guy provided in the example is a billionaire in their own industry.
So let me ask you a question, do you think that all of this billionaires read book because they feel like reading? The answer would be, not likely. They read because they want to grow and learn.
Why You Should Self Educate Yourself?
- Cut years of learning. This is the main reason you reads books. To learn as fast as you can and put the knowledge into practice. Because by doing this, you do not have to test it out whether if it is working or not. Somebody had already done it. Just read about it inside a book.
- You can Learn a lot useful tricks. Why? Because some of the author are very well experience in their industry, So most of them share and provide a lot of neat and useful tricks that you can use. For example, I learned that it is vital to create your own buyer persona before you craft you message to your audience and exactly how to do it.
- It opens up your mind. This happen especially when you read biography because it can show us what is possible and how did the past breakthroughs had happened. The best book for this would be biographies; as it can help us see how greatness thinks—in a way that textbooks often don’t. Simply put, it provide you, your template to success.
“If you want to be successful, find someone who has achieved the results you want and copy what they do and you’ll achieve the same results.” – Tony Robbins.
How to Boost Your Self Education with Modern Technology?
- Utilize the best online resources. For this point, I would suggest you to read blog or website that are free but providing a lot of valuable content such as zen habits, the minimalist or i will teach you to be rich. And one day, my blog would be one of them. You have my word on that.
- Read e books which is much more cheaper than the normal books or sometimes you ca even download it for free. You just have to find the right website for it.
- Take online courses such as provided by Udemy.
I had been writing and blogging for a about a year now. Starting from 1 domain authority until 7 now. It has been exciting and a huge stepping stone for me when knowing i started with nothing but still manage to do it. More importantly, I strongly belief that it is because of me self educating myself.