Do You Take Responsibility For All Your Action or Not?
After reading a lot of self help and personal growth books, most of the books would ask me to take responsibility for my action. Because no matter how good or bad my action is, I had to face the results for any of my actions. Meaning that I have to take 100% responsibility of what I do and giving out a full commitment if I truly want to change myself. Which means, only I can change myself.
“Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.”
― Sigmund Freud,
Moreover, I learned to take responsibility on my life from the very first book that i ever read which is called How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be: The 25 Principles of Success written by Jack Canfield. A very great book if you ask me. Because in this book, I learned that 25 principle of success is proven to be very helpful to me and had already helped a lot of people. Jack Canfield also provide a lot of example on how this principle can be used in our normal life.
So today, I am going to discuss about one of the 25 principle of success which is take full responsibility on your action. Why? because I feel that it is so important to acknowledge our responsibility that we are the sole responsible for everything that happen in our life.
For example, if you don’t make enough money, blame yourself and take it like a man. Don’t put the blame on your kids for spending to much of your money, dont blame the economy for going down and dont ever blame the GOD. In a way, when you keep on blaming others, it means you do not take yourself as a responsible man. You let this happen to yourself and I want you to stop it today. Right now and right here!
But, let me start it with the definition itself.
What do it means by take responsibility for your action?
Simple enough, it means you have to be accountable for all the action that you had made. Why? Because according to The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results, there is undeniable connections between what you do and what you receive. The best saying for this is we are what we eat or we are what we repeatedly do. Meaning that, your actions will determine your outcome.
How to take responsibility with your life?
Easy. First acknowledge it them take responsibility with all your action by using feedback analysis. Because it is the best way that you can do according to Managing Oneself (Harvard Business Review Classics). You can discover a lot by using feedback analysis to discover the things you must do to achieve extraordinary results. Meaning that when you take responsibility with your action, you take 100% commitment to change your outcome and this is by far the most powerful thing you can do to drive to your success.
Step by step on how to take responsibility on your life?
1. Seeks reality. by become aware of your surrounding. Ask yourself” is this the results that i want?”, if not then it time to do something. proceed to second step.
2. Acknowledge that life happens. And you can’t control it because we cannot change what is going to happen. We can only predict what could happen to us in the future so accept it that life come in many ways. sometime thing are great and sometimes it dont. The only thing we can control is our mindset and what we do. So focus on it.
3. Owns it. focus to control can we do to change the outcome.
4. Finds solutions. Then, you proceed to find what is the solutions of this problem. Ask yourself “what can i do to change the outcome?” or what can i do to prevent this from happening again?. So in this step, it’s time for you to gather up your master mind group because it’s brainstorming time.
5. Write it down. You heard me. Write down on your journal so that you can learn from it. And if it happens again you would now what to do.
6. Take Actions. Doing and thinking is not the same. Someone need to put in the work and that someone is YOU.
7. Find accountability partner. Meaning that you choose someone to hold you accountable for what you are doing. As for me, i choose my big brother to become my accountability partner. As for you, you can choose anyone you want such you wife, girlfriend, boyfriends and so on. For best results, get a personal coach or find a mentor because they would have a lot of experience.
Books to Read.
1. How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be: The 25 Principles of Success by Jack Canfield.
One a side note, focus on creating an extraordinary results not ordinary results. In short, they are two types of people in this world. One who learns from their experiences and the other one who learns from history. And by history it means you learns from other people experiences and mistakes which a more smart thing to do.
Plus, you can cut years of learning by learning from other people mistakes and the best way is to read books. Yes, it is a good thing to learn from mistakes but it doesn’t have to be your mistake. I end this post by borrow a few words from Winston S. Churchill, “The price of greatness is responsibility.”