What Does Courage Means To You?
What does courage means to you? Do you think you are courageous enough to pursue your dreams? If not, well that is a good thing because this is why i created this blog post. It’s for you to understand what does courage really means, how to build up your courage muscle and many more. I am here to clarify it all to you.
What Does Courage Means?
First of all, courage is not something we are born with. Although we can see a lot of courageous people in our life. But most of the time, the courageous people must had gone through a courageous moments that he had faced before. No matter what areas whether in business, family or even life itself.
Courage does not ingrate in some of us unless we manage to go through these two reasons. The first one is courage means you have to face your fear heads on in extremely uncertainty conditions. Yes, it can be at any moments. For examples, like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckenberg who left Harvard to pursue their dreams. These two guys have no idea what could have happens but they are willing to take the risk and manage to thrive. They become billionaire because making their hardest decision in life. In fact, it is a life changing moments, no matter how small or big they are, as long as you feel uncertainty in that moments that is your moments of courage.
Second, they aren’t willing to settle for less. Because of the fear and lack of courage is not going to stop them. Most of peoples fear that they cannot do it. Let say you failed after the first try. What happen then? You can always try again or even go back to your normal life right? And here is the kicker, but What if it works after the 10 tries and failed? It could change your life forever. You can even be the next millionaires or billionaires. Unless you try, you would never know.
Additionally, the second they did it and become successful in what they do, most the time they would said, “I should have done it sooner”. Other than that, regret of failing is always better than regret of not trying.
Why We were Lacking in Courage?
There are three reason that i can think of and it is as stated below:
1. Lack of practicing their courage muscle. Yes, courage is skills need to be train with. We are not you are born whether with high or low courage. It is all depends on You. You need to take step by step to face your fear. Little by little your courage will started to build up and give it time, you will become unstoppable. A good for example for this is Mahatma Gandhi.
2. Lack of educating themselves. Most of them don’t even know how to build up courage and what does courage means. I mean, if you don’t even know what it is, how can you master the courage? It is impossible until you learn about it. So, if you are reading this, you are on the way to building up you courage muscle in no time.
3. They minds had been corrupted by the negative surroundings. The surrounding had made them think they cannot do what they want. One of the way to avoid this is easy enough by avoiding all the negative people that had always been discourage you from pursuing your goals or dreams.
How to build courage?
1. Acknowledge your comfort zones. This is step is the first to know where you are right now and where you are going to be. So get to know your priority and your needs before facing of your fear. Preparation is important.
2. Find out what are you fighting for? Is it your family? Is it your parents? For me, since i am not marry yet, i am fighting for my parents. I want to start supporting them and I don’t want them to work so hard just to feed our family. I want to take that responsibility as a brother and as a son.
To Mom and Dad, if you read this blog post, I am fighting for you.
3. Failure is just another step to success. You don’t have to see the whole stairs, just the next steps if good enough. Whenever you feel discourage by failure,let me remind you that failure is the seed to success. If you you are failing,you are on the right track. Don’t worry about it, learn and proceed it again. Just to let you know, one facts about millionaires is the average millionaire goes bankrupt at least 3.5 times. Meaning that they failed on average 3.5 times baby although that did not stop him from becoming a millionaires. So why should you?
4. Find someone who will hold you accountable in your life. Someone that will remind you what is your progress on your dreams. Are working hard enough? Or are you slacking off? That someone will be your check point and also your reminder.
5. Have faith. Believe in yourself and pray to GOD. GOD is always watching Us. Just like an America slogan “In GOD we Trust“.
Example of courage:
- Asking someone out for a date.
- Trying new experience such as hiking or trail running.
- Standing out for someone who getting bullied on.
- Fight for your dreams.
- Creating your own business.
- Choosing to have your third or fourth child.
And many more. These are only a few that i can think off. Like i said earlier, courageous moments can be small or big. What matters is you practicing it.
Quotes about courage.
- It’s easy to stand with the crowds, it takes courage to stand alone.
- It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. – E.E. Cummings
- You are strong enough to face it all, even if it doesn’t feel like it right now.
- He who not courageous enough to take risk in life will accomplish nothing in life – Muhammad Ali.
- Efforts and courage enough are not enough without purpose and directions. -John F. Kennedy.
- Without fear there cannot be courage – Christopher Poulini
- Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.
- All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney
- Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality. – Aster & ritcher Abend.
- We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. -Barbara De Angelis
If you want to check out more quotes on courage, check it out here.
In a nutshell, courage is skill that everybody must possess through practicing it in our daily lives. Anybody can forged this skill but not everybody will. Make sure you are that anybody. Follow all the steps on how to build courage and all the best in your life. And remember, sometime you going to fall over because of fear but it’s okay. Because courage isn’t suppose to be easy. On the other hand, if you choose to rise back like a Phoenix risen from the death, you going to change your life forever.
P.S. Don’t forget to like, share and comment on this blog post of you think it motivates you. Let this post help other people too by you sharing it.